Atlanta Matchmaker Tips for the Shy
As Atlanta Matchmakers we know that whether it's because you lack the experience, or have history of a rotten ex (or five!), most of us tend to over analyze the act of dating. With one study's statistics stating that a whopping 62% of you think that other people have too high of expectations on a first date, it can overwhelm and intimidate even the most confident person. Here are a few pointers from your Atlanta Matchmaker on how to overcome those dreaded sweaty palms, jumbled sentences, and awkward silences:
- The best thing anyone can do for themselves is to have realistic expectations. Try to visualize how the date or first meeting will go, focusing on the positive aspects of meeting someone new½dating is supposed to be fun! Also take note: you don't have to sit through a 3 course meal and a 2 hour movie to know if you click with a person. Listen to your gut, follow your heart, and you'll be more likely to avoid any awkward situations.
- As silly as it may seem, practice, practice, PRACTICE! Gather together a list of conversation topics (either generic or of personal interest), and go over them with a trusted friend. This is a perfect way to kill two birds with one stone by making sure you feel prepared, as well as giving insight to your date about what interests you. Don't forget to ask their input as well; anyone feels flattered when someone seems interested in what they have to say.
- It's really okay to accept the fact that you're a little nervous! Anyone can get butterflies when it comes to opening up and being vulnerable in front of a complete stranger. Feeling nervous is being self conscious, and the more you obsess about yourself, the less attractive you look to your date! Know that you're not the only one feeling "judged"; your date is just as nervous, and will likely find comfort in the fact that they aren't the only one feeling silly!
- Make sure that the first date is somewhere you feel like you can be comfortable, relax, and get to know each other. If you're in an overly stimulated environment, you could risk your date's attention being drawn from the reason they're there in the first place½YOU!
- Always keep a positive attitude! Dating isn't a piece of cake for anyone, and of course there's anyone's worst nightmare: rejection. Just remember, if things go sour, take pride in yourself that you followed through and made a brave effort!
- Believe in yourself, and have fun with the fact that you're expanding your horizons, building your dating repertoire, and networking with new people; save all that seriousness for when the right one comes along, and when they do--trust me--you'll know it!
Single Atlanta is the most trusted Atlanta matchmaker. Our process is safe, fun, and easy. We make personal hand-selected matches with people who share common interests, core values and life goals. If you are ready to start your adventure, Call Us at (404) 250-9292 or fill out ourFast Form below to learn more and Be Our Next Match!